PurposeAAV packaging vector for hSyn driven KOR DREADD expression.
|Item||Catalog #||Description||Quantity||Price (USD)|
|Plasmid||65417||Standard format: Plasmid sent in bacteria as agar stab||1||$85|
|AAV8||65417-AAV8||Virus (100 µL at titer ≥ 7×10¹² vg/mL) and Plasmid.||$405|
This material is available to academics and nonprofits only.
Growth in Bacteria
Bacterial Resistance(s)Ampicillin, 100 μg/mL
Growth Strain(s)NEB Stable
Alt namehSyn KOR DREADD
SpeciesH. sapiens (human)
Entrez GeneOPRK1 (a.k.a. K-OR-1, KOP, KOR, KOR-1, KOR1, OPRK)
- Promoter hSyn
/ Fusion Proteins
- HA (N terminal on insert)
- mCitrine (C terminal on insert)
- Cloning method Gibson Cloning
- 5′ sequencing primer Unknown
- 3′ sequencing primer Unknown (Common Sequencing Primers)
Terms and Licenses
- Not Available to Industry
- Zeocin® is an InvivoGen trademark.
These plasmids were generated as part of the Illuminating the Druggable Genome (IDG) program sponsored by the NIH Common Fund. The goal of this program is to identify, gather, and distribute information and resources for proteins that currently are not well-studied yet belong to commonly drug-targeted protein families: protein kinases, non-olfactory G-protein coupled receptors (GPCRs), and ion channels. The IDG program is designed to develop fundamental research tools for understudied proteins, elucidate their function, and disseminate the IDG-related resources and data to the greater scientific community.
Information for AAV8 (Catalog # 65417-AAV8) ( Back to top )
Ready-to-use AAV8 particles produced from pAAV-hSyn-dF-HA-KORD-IRES-mCitrine (#65417). In addition to the viral particles, you will also receive purified pAAV-hSyn-dF-HA-KORD-IRES-mCitrine plasmid DNA.hSyn-driven, Cre-dependent KORD expression with bicistronic mCitrine, for SALB-induced neuronal inhibition. These AAV preparations are suitable purity for injection into animals.
- Volume 100 µL
- Titer ≥ 7×10¹² vg/mL
- Pricing $375 USD for preparation of 100 µL virus + $30 USD for plasmid.
- Storage Store at -80℃. Thaw just before use and keep on ice.
- Shipment Viral particles are shipped frozen on dry ice. Plasmid DNA (≥ 200ng) will also be included in the shipment.
Viral Production & Use
- Packaging Plasmids encode adenoviral helper sequences and AAV rep gene, AAV8 cap gene
- Buffer PBS + 0.001% Pluronic F-68
- Serotype AAV8
- Purification Iodixanol gradient ultracentrifugation
- Reporter Gene mCitrine
Requestor is responsible for compliance with their institution's biosafety regulations. Lentivirus is generally considered BSL-2. AAV is generally considered BSL-1, but may require BSL-2 handling depending on the insert. Biosafety Guide
Viral Quality Control
- Addgene ensures high quality viral vectors by optimizing and standardizing production protocols and performing rigorous quality control (QC) (see a list of our QC assays). The specific QC assays performed varies for each viral lot. To learn which specific QC assays were performed on your lot, please contact us.
- Titer: the exact titer of your sample will be reported on the tube. The titer you see listed on this page is the guaranteed minimum titer. See how titers are measured.
Visit our viral production page for more information.
Data submitted about 65417-AAV8 by requesting scientist(s):
These plasmids were created by your colleagues. Please acknowledge the Principal Investigator, cite the article in which the plasmids were described, and include Addgene in the Materials and Methods of your future publications.
For your Materials & Methods section:pAAV-hSyn-dF-HA-KORD-IRES-mCitrine was a gift from Bryan Roth (Addgene plasmid # 65417 ; http://n2t.net/addgene:65417 ; RRID:Addgene_65417)
For viral preps, please replace (Addgene plasmid # 65417) in the above sentence with: (Addgene viral prep # 65417-AAV8)
For your References section:A New DREADD Facilitates the Multiplexed Chemogenetic Interrogation of Behavior. Vardy E, Robinson JE, Li C, Olsen RH, DiBerto JF, Giguere PM, Sassano FM, Huang XP, Zhu H, Urban DJ, White KL, Rittiner JE, Crowley NA, Pleil KE, Mazzone CM, Mosier PD, Song J, Kash TL, Malanga CJ, Krashes MJ, Roth BL. Neuron. 2015 Apr 29. pii: S0896-6273(15)00289-5. doi: 10.1016/j.neuron.2015.03.065. 10.1016/j.neuron.2015.03.065 PubMed 25937170